Landlords and Property Management
Although property owners generally have the lion’s share of rights in a landlord-tenant relationship, poor property management policies or impulsive decisions made without the benefit of legal counsel can quickly tip that balance in favor of the tenant.
The attorneys at Benckendorf & Benckendorf, P.C., advise landlords and provide an array of property management services for residential and commercial holdings of all types. To discuss your specific situation with a real estate lawyer, call any of our central Illinois office locations directly or contact us online.
Property Management Services
Our lawyers take time to uncover the unique aspects of your situation and work to provide advice and solutions that will both comply with applicable laws and meet your specific needs at the same time. Our property management services include:
- Establishing legally sound policies for screening applicants
- Ensuring compliance with government public housing requirements
- Drafting effective lease agreements that protect your interests while minimizing potential liabilities
- Preparing rental applications, form letters, and a variety of other common landlord-tenant documents
- Managing the eviction process in compliance with Illinois requirements
- Teaching your existing property managers/caretakers how to follow established procedures and policies
- Resolving landlord-tenant disputes, including litigation