Whether our clients are buying land, selling their home, or developing a commercial shopping center, substantial amounts of money are involved. At Benckendorf & Benckendorf, P.C., our real estate lawyers understand how to protect our clients’ financial and legal interests during each stage of a property transaction. Applying this understanding is crucial to helping prevent our clients from being exposed to financial loss and expensive litigation.
In real estate practice, few assets are more valuable than your knowledge of the area in which you work. With decades of experience handling Illinois real estate concerns for our clients, we have the expertise to help you with myriad residential or commercial real estate matters:
- Land use issues — Assist clients with zoning, variances, municipal ordinances, and additional land use needs.
- Commercial real estate ventures — Represent businesses and investors in commercial real estate transactions and litigation.
- Title insurance services — Owned by a senior partner at the firm, Hometown Title, Inc., serves title insurance-related needs across central Illinois.
- Property management representation — Help landlords and property owners effectively manage residential and commercial properties.
- Tax-free exchanges under Section 1031 — Advise on how to minimize capital gains taxes with a Section 1031 exchange.
- Sales reporting to the IRS — Provide guidance on whether or not the sale of a property must be reported to the IRS.
- Property tax appeals — Help appeal residential or commercial property assessments before the Property Tax Appeal Board.
We Have the Real Estate Knowledge You Need
Call one of our central Illinois office locations to schedule an appointment with a real estate attorney or, if you prefer, contact us online.