Estate Planning, Trusts, and Probate Matters
Do you need an estate plan? Is your existing will up to date? Too many people fail to address these important issues. We understand that thinking about your estate planning can be overwhelming, but you can rely on our experienced lawyers to guide you through the process.
The attorneys at Benckendorf & Benckendorf, P.C., provide an array of cost-effective estate planning and probate services — from basic essentials to complex and sophisticated legal instruments, including special needs trusts, testamentary trusts, immediate annuities, Medicaid eligibility, reallocation of assets, and business continuity plans.
Our estates, trusts, and probate practice includes:
- Creating estate plans — A thorough, well-thought-out plan can help protect your assets and your family today and in the future.
- Drafting wills and trusts — A will lets you name beneficiaries, choose an executor of your estate, name guardians for minor children, and make your last wishes known. Trusts allow you to pass on assets outside the probate process or make special arrangements for certain assets.
- Preparing advance directives and living wills — An advance directive tells your loved ones and caregivers how you want end-of-life care to be handled in the event you are incapacitated.
- Estate planning for complex assets — A complex estate plan can better protect your varied types of assets.
- Handling probate and guardianships — A competent administrator is necessary for estates and guardianships. Let us take on the duties of probate after a loved one’s death or assist you with establishing legal guardianship if the need arises for a minor child or disabled adult. We assist trustees, executors, beneficiaries, and heirs in matters of trust and estate administration, working with you to help ensure a smooth transition of assets. If necessary, we can help resolve or litigate disputes.